Vacancy (Associate Fellow)
CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition (CIRC) invites application from suitable candidates for the position of Associate
Fellow. The position expects to help the CIRC team further the mandate of the Institute to provide research-based capacity building solutions in the areas of Competition Policy and Law and Economic Regulation. The Institute promotes understanding and learning in the interface between law and economics.
Associate Fellow will conduct research studies, fieldwork, and designing, develop and execute innovative training/academic programs and conferences in niche areas including intellectual property law, competition law, procurement, and regulation.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates holding a post-graduate degree in law or economics with research and/or teaching experience in the related fields of two to five years are encouraged to apply. Candidates with demonstrable research experience interests in the area of intellectual property law and/or competition law/policy will be given preference.
Job Profile and Responsibilities
Associate Fellow at CIRC is expected to do the following:
– Conducting research (desk and field research) and other related activities to effectively deliver customized research and capacity building solutions to CIRC clients
– Conducting fieldwork for engaging with stakeholders, data collection and analysis, etc.
– Writing and ensuring high-quality research publications including course modules, research reports, briefing papers, monographs, articles, etc.
– Overall responsibility of developing and delivery of courses in the core areas
– Organizing research events and conferences; preparing outreach material for social media and print media
– Organize/attend events/workshops
– Liasioning with regulators and industry to conduct events and training programs
– Implementation of specific activities as assigned from time to time in the course of discharge of duties
Proficiency in both written and spoken English with excellent communication skills and working knowledge of computer applications are essential. Familiarity with software like Microsoft Word & Excel as well as apps like Dropbox, Google Calendar, etc.
CIRC recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the not for profit sector, commensurate with experience.
The position is based in New Delhi. Traveling around India with potential for international traveling related to projects and conferences is expected.
Eligible candidates should send their email to email@example.com with following documents, along with an appropriate covering letter:
b. Writing sample (published/unpublished)
c. Expression of interest in joining CIRC (max. 500 words)
d. Contact details of two referees (email & mobile number)
Please mention the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email. Women candidates are encouraged to apply, as CIRC believes in equal opportunities. Given the large volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition
1A, First Floor, Khehar Singh Estate,
Saidulajab, New Delhi – 110030
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.circ.in