Associate Fellow and Fellow, Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
CIRC03AFE for Associate Fellow and CIRC04FE for Fellow
We seek an experienced professional to be a part of a dynamic team at the CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition (CIRC), New Delhi in its Global Initiative for Sustainable Infrastructure (GISI).
One of the objectives of CIRC is to support the development of sustainable infrastructure, with a specific focus on public-private partnerships (PPP), to make infrastructure and services people-centric, sustainable, accessible and affordable to all and make economies more attractive to potential investors.
CIRC seeks to help develop the eco-system for green infrastructure and to build competitive physical and social infrastructures by promoting a people-centric PPP approach by developing a new framework for People First PPPs, regulatory and policy audits for enabling environment, innovative financing options, supporting capacity building in “people”, public sector and private sector for managing PPP transactions and partnerships. The objective to develop an inclusive framework with delivery to the poor and marginalized at the heart of it.
GISI would be focusing on people-centric projects in the infrastructure sector such as renewable energy, water, and sanitation, rural supply chains, integrated civic projects in towns and villages, medical and health services, transport, ICT, skill development, etc. While focus would be on India, it would work extensively in the developing countries across the world through a network of governments, multilateral and bilateral institutions, other similar organizations and institutions.
The Associate Fellow/Fellow shall be part of a team which identifies new areas for
research and development in the field of sustainable development, seek funding from
appropriate sources, identify appropriate research design, carry out fieldwork, organize workshops and stakeholder conferences, follow up on the development and implementation of the already identified projects in partnership with governments, multilateral and bilateral institutions, private sector, etc. In addition, he/she will be required to assist the staff of the sponsor organizations in articulating the inherent issues and policies in each sector and developing result-oriented implementation programs.
The main tasks to be undertaken in this respect, include, but are not limited to, the
– Strengthen the internal capacity by ensuring better synergy among the junior staff
working in this area.
– Building on existing internal competencies to develop integrated sustainable
infrastructure research programs.
– Assist the private sector experts and staff to strengthen their technical skills to identify, prepare, appraise, implement and supervise PPP projects.
– Develop guidelines, procedures, and criteria to be used for appraising PPP projects
taking due consideration of the particular sector.
– Provide advice in the formulation of strategies, policies, procedures, and programs relating to PPPs in coordination with other experts of the CIRC.
– Enhance the marketing experience, results, and strengths in international or regional areas, e.g., preparation of case studies, etc.
– Identify potentially promising PPP projects for which utilization of funds from bilateral donors for technical assistance to preparatory work is the most pertinent for generating and securing opportunities to support and invest in PPP projects.
Qualifications and Experience
– Masters degree in at least one of the following fields: Business Administration, Engineering, Law, and other related fields.
– Around 4 years of experience of which at least 3 years of extensive experience related to infrastructure PPPs and infrastructure development, preferably in developing countries, including the development of policy, legal, and institutional frameworks as well as the financial and technical aspects of projects.
– Good understanding of policy and regulatory issues around PPP development in
– Good knowledge of private sector participation in public services provision in developing countries.
– Good knowledge of inclusive PPP regulation and decentralization legislation in
– Excellent knowledge of drafting proposals to donors and governments.
– Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural team environment.
– Familiarity with the policies and procedures of multilateral and bilateral institutions.
– Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
– Passionate about research;- Team player;
– Ability to generate goodwill with working partners;
– Ability to manage parallel tasks and deliver on time to meet internal and external deadlines
CIRC recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the nonprofit sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based in New Delhi. Traveling around India with potential for international traveling to partners and conferences will be expected.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position.
Please mention the appropriate job code (CIRC03AFE for Associate Fellow and CIRC04FE for Fellow) you are applying in the subject line of application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be considered. Given the large volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition
D-72, First Floor, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi 110 016, India
Ph: +91.11. 26863022/23, 41621232