The CIRC - WeVaad ODR Campus Ambassador Programme invites students to play a vital role in providing thought and action leadership for promoting Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) within and across university community.
With 4 crore+ pending cases, the Indian legal system is severely overburdened. Adoption of alternate dispute resolutions methods such as arbitration, mediation and conciliation through online medium can prove to be a UPI moment. However, acquiring relevant skills, tailoring ODR to meet diverse sectoral peculiarities, and ensuring confidentiality, impartiality, procedural fairness, and data security are key challenges before ODR can tubochrge the Indian economy.
The CIRC - WeVaad Campus Ambassador Program or ODR-CAP is an opportunity for students to play a vital role in providing thought and action leadership for promoting Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) within and across university community.
This program offers a chance to champion a cause and lead the change.
DES Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College
Government Law College, Mumbai
Monesh R Balakrishnan
Tamil Nadu National Law University
E- Commerce (B 2 B Disputes)
Dharmashastra National Law University
- have an aspiration to make a difference in the way disputes are resolved in India
- have ability to ask right research questions and good communication skills
- student from any year of law schoolare eager to hone leadership skills
- commit to a part-time role immediately for a duration of 4 months
- Publish a Sector Paper on a selected sector and document the disputes which can be resolved through ODR.
- Organize one webinar to present the Sector Paper and deliberate with peers.
- Use social media to raise awareness and discussions about the relevance of ODR.
- Engage with lawyers, industry executives, researchers, and policy makers and build the ODR movement in India
- An orientation by CIRC & WeVaad Team on the current state of ODR and how ODR works? Training on how to develop your sector paper?
- Get your Sector Paper reviewed by industry experts
- Opportunity to receive a scholarship to take a CIRC & WeVaad ODR course of your choice The opportunity to lead the Online Dispute Resolution initiative in your college or become a front runner in the ODR field
- The chance to work on the development of the Online Dispute Resolution industry or take a lead role in developing ODR practices in an industry.
- A special certificate for your hard work.
- Chance to win an internship
Step 1 : Apply as per the guidelines. The selection of the cohort will be notified by 11 September 2023
Step 2 : Upon selection, undergo the orientation process with the cohort
Step 3 : Draft your sector paper. Get comments from experts
Step 4 : Connect with peers and industry through social media outreach.
Step 5 : Organize a webinar around your Sector paper and also promote your work amongst peers and professionals
Intake for the ongoing cohort is closed. We shall announce the next intake soon
- The overall tenure is four months from application to getting a certificate. There shall be a probation period of 15 days.
- CIRC-WeVaad shall be entitled to terminate the engagement for non-performance or lack of performance or any unprofessional conduct during the tenure of student ambasssadorship.
- The Certificate of Completion and opportunity to be considered for a scholarship shall only be provided on successful completion of the engagement