Internship (Sustainable Infrastructure and Public Private Partnership)
With the mission to be a Centre of Excellence on Regulatory and Competition issues, CUTS Institute for Regulation and Competition (CIRC) primarily focuses on competition policy & law, economic regulation in infrastructure sectors and PPPs, with an objective of reaching out to the target audience in India and other developing countries in Asia and Africa. Its crucial role in research and capacity building in the area of sustainable infrastructure and PPP, policy and regulatory reforms in core and social infrastructure has created an intellectual knowledge base. Since its inception, CIRC has been in the forefront of imparting online and offline training courses evidence based research advisory, seminars and advocacy programs on energy and other infrastructure sector in India and abroad.
CIRC has established Global Initiative for Sustainable Infrastructure (GISI), a think-tank platform to provide policy solutions to government, international organizations including the multilateral development banks to achieve equitable growth and shared prosperity through infrastructure development. CIRC has been working with various state governments and provide advisory services on the matters related to PPP modeling and innovative financing solutions.
About the internship
An internship programme is offered by CIRC in sustainable infrastructure and PPP for students who have completed their graduation/post-graduation or in the final year of graduation.We shall be offering project-linked internships throughout the course of the year. Interns are expected to dedicate their time, talent and creative skills towards every assignment given to them. In return, interns get learning opportunities and experiences that help them with both academic and professional growth. A supervisor will be assigned to oversee the work of the researcher and will ensure a comprehensive research agenda for the intern for the time duration with specified outcome.
Current position-Research Intern
Discipline-Infrastructure and PPP
Duration-Two to three months
Location– New Delhi, India
The internship programme involves following:
• Learning opportunity to undertake research methodology training,
• Assisting in developing research proposals and presentations for the research team,
• Assisting CIRC teams in on-going research projects,
• Writing research papers on relevant issues on the CIRC website/blog,
• Interacting with experts and academicians at government and independent organisation including regulators and policy makers,
• Active participation in various initiatives and events at CIRC.
Note: All interns shall be required to submit a paper on a related subject of about ten thousand words. CIRC would retain the right to publish these in their publications with due acknowledgment of authorship.
An ideal candidate should:
• be a graduate or pursuing Masters in commerce, management, economics or sociology or a candidate with an experience to work on projects related to sustainable infrastructure and PPP
• be innovative and practical
• have strong research aptitude, excellent writing and good communication skills,
• have working proficiency in MS Excel, MS word and power-point presentation etc.
• should have fluency in English language. This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Application procedure- Interested candidates are required to send/email their updated resume, along with a cover letter/ expression of interest, transcripts, two written samples (published or unpublished) and two references, preferably one academic reference to the HR at CIRC at firstname.lastname@example.org The application upon receipt will be scrutinised by CIRC. Upon shortlisting the candidates shall be called for a web interview and if successful shall be offered the internship. Please note that the organisation shall not provide any travel or accommodation assistance, the candidates shall be required to arrange the same personally.
Should you have any questions/queries, please write to email@example.com or reach us at +91-11-40197995