1.The Certificate Course in Competition Policy & Law (hereinafter “the course”) offered here is accredited to, managed and run by CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition (CIRC).
2. Admission of an applicant to the course shall be subject to the applicant fulfilling the eligibility norms as given on the website. Eligibility norms for Indian and foreign candidates may differ, and these norms are considered read and well understood by the applicant while applying for the course.
3. The application procedure laid down for the course should be followed by every applicant and there shall be no deviation unless approved.
4. Registrations for the course shall be announced twice every year and dates for such announcement will be as decided by CIRC from time to time. Admission deadlines to these course, after an announcement has been made, may be extended if required.
5. Examination process and course schedule has to be strictly adhered to by the students. CIRC would not permit any exceptions or deviations.
6.The fee structure for the course shall be available on the website of CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition. The fee structure for this course may differ for Indian and Foreign candidates and the same shall be subject to change from time to time. Fee for this course is to be paid by online payment mode or cheque drawn in favor of ‘CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition’ payable at Delhi. Applicants shall send the cheque by speed post to CIRC address before the deadline of the application.
7. After the confirmation of admission, the students will be given login ID and password to access the course online containing all the study material.
8.The course will be conducted online. The course content will contain online reading material and lecture videos. A couple of webinars will be organised for Q&A towards the end of the course, dates of which will be announced during the course.
9.Participants are supposed to qualify all the exams for the successful completion of the course (online examinations + assignments for each module). The online exam structure includes objective questions and written assignments which shall be conducted at fixed intervals and time.
10.The overall examination scheme of a module will include 60% weightage of the final online examination and 40% weightage of the online assignment. Online assignment may include essays, case studies, questions, group discussions etc.
11. Participants shall be graded as per their scores in the following manner:
|More than 75%||O (Outstanding)|
|< 40%||F (Fail)|
12. The minimum grade for successful completion of the course shall be ‘C’ and in case a participant gets a ‘F’ grade due to non-appearance in exam or obtaining less than 40%, he/she will have to retake the exam on the next announced date. For a resubmission of the online assignment upon failure, there is a re-submission fee of INR 1000 which has to be deposited online. If the student gets a ‘F’ grade in the second attempt, as well, due to non-appearance or obtaining less than 40%, he/she will have to retake the exam with the next batch after the deposition of a re-sit fee of INR 5,000. If a student fails to appear for or clear this attempt, as well, he/she will not be awarded the certificate. In all, a student will be provided ‘two’ re-attempts to secure at least a “C” grade.
13.After the successful completion of the examination, participants shall be awarded a certificate by CIRC.