The enforcement of Competition Law and its pervasive presence across the sectors and business functions is creating a high demand for competition compliance. This has led CIRC to offer these course on Competition Policy & Law (CPL).
CPL course is specially designed for practitioners, working professionals and students of Law, Business Management, Economics, Chartered Accountancy (CA) and Company Secretary (CS), to acquire deep understanding and knowledge of competition law and related issues.
Module 1: Markets and Competition
Module 2: Evolution of Competition Law and Policy
Module 3: Substantive Provisions of Indian Competition Act
Module 4: Intellectual Property and New Age Markets
Course for your skill enhancement:
This course is aimed at providing cutting edge proficiencies and skills on Competition Policy & Law. It will strengthen your professional skills on how to analyse and address issues relevant to Competition Policy & Law.
You will gain:
• Analytical skills in competition law areas including: merger control; abuse of dominance issues; restrictive agreements within commercial contracts, public procurement, competition litigation and competition due diligence.
• Understanding of substantive principles related to the Competition Law and Policy in India and other jurisdictions.
• Understanding of the expected role of different stakeholders and groups in order to ensure better market competitiveness and acceleration of economic growth.
• Wider employment and internship opportunities for successful course participants in law firms, think tanks, economic firms, competition authorities and regulatory bodies
A good competition law, along with a sound competition policy, helps in fostering competition, economic efficiency, consumer welfare and freedom of doing business. India enacted its Competition Act in 2002 to deal with competition issues in a more liberalised market economy. This law is a successor to the Monopolies & Restrictive Trade Practices Act,1969.
The enforcement of competition law and its pervasive presence across the sectors and business functions is creating a high demand for competition professionals. Thus, the course, specially designed to inculcate necessary knowledge and skills, among the participants to deal with the issues relating to anticompetitive agreements, abuse of dominance & regulation of combinations (M&As), digital economy, IPRs etc., would greatly enhance the career opportunities and provide early mover advantage to the participants.
There is an urgent need to fill the gap between the current knowledge and the knowledge required to deal with the intricate issues and cases related to competition law. The course offered by the CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition (CIRC) aims to fill this gap.
Pedagogical methods and resource materials will include webinars/recorded lectures, case studies/assignments. Maximum usage of real-life cases has been referred in the modules. In addition, participants will be given assignments to apply the learnt skills. Study material is provided online.
A six-month course, containing four modules, is a foundation course for beginners on competition policy & law. Each module is further divided into three units.
How to apply:
The fee is payable through online payment method or via cheque, as specified in the online registration form.
Resource Materials & Teaching Methodology
Intensive teaching methodology comprising webinars and video lectures from experts in the field is employed and sessions are designed in a way to facilitate maximum interaction between participants and resource persons. Maximum usage of real-life cases has been referred in the modules. In addition, participants will be given group exercise and assignments to apply the learnt skills.
Weekly newsletters are sent to the participants to keep them abreast of the recent trends and developments in the field.
Professional skills from the course
This Course on Competition Policy & Law is specially designed to equip participants with the knowledge required for:
• Application of economic tools and techniques in competition analysis
• Analytical skills to comprehend issues relating to business strategy and competition policy & law
• Understanding of substantive issues relating to competition laws of India and other jurisdictions.
• Understanding of emerging issues emanating from Intellectual Property Laws, Cross-border issues, and their interface with competition laws.
The following criteria will be followed while admitting participants to the course:
• 10+2 (HSC) passed in any discipline from recognised Board in India
• International students who have completed equivalent to the corresponding Indian 10+2 (HSC) certificates from a recognised institution.
• The students shall submit the relevant document/declaration online at the time of registration.
The Course will be taught by eminent professionals including practitioners, economists, academicians, etc, including:
Batches starting from 1st february 2020!
1. The Certificate Course in Competition Policy & Law (hereinafter “the course”) offered here is accredited to, managed and run by CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition (CIRC).
Policy & Law
CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition,
1A, First Floor, Khehar Singh Estate, Saidulajab,
New Delhi 110 030,
Speak with us: +91 011-40197995
Write to us: email@example.com
Register Now: https://elearn.circ.in/courses/competition-policy-and-law/